Monday, July 29, 2013

New Material on Shapeways

This month, Shapeways has rolled out a new material for it's 3D printed products: Gold Plated Brass! I know they've had gold plated steel for a couple years now but the images I've seen for this look like a much higher quality. I can't even see the stepping from the printing process. Since it uses a similar technology and has essentially the same design rules, they've made this material available on all products that are already available in Premium Silver so although I haven't had a chance to test print my items with it yet it is available on many items in my shop. If you should purchase anything (from me or any other designer) in this exciting new material, please feel free to share the results! For more information, please check out the official blog post on Shapeways.

No comments:

Post a Comment