Friday, October 11, 2013

Mokelumne River Models Update

Remember back in early September I began working on a project with Mokelumne River Models? No? Well, I did. Thanks so much for paying attention. Anyway, Mokelume River Models makes model kits for HO scale train sets. Gael Troughton (who basically is MRM) asked me to model an antique penny scales for an upcoming set and have them printed through Shapeways. He just received the first set of test prints and we're both pretty happy with how they turned out! He even sent me these photos:


At this scale, the print kind of pushes the envelope with regards to detail size. They're less than an inch and a half tall. It may be a little hard to make out the details in these photos, but once he's got them painted up and has added the decals they're going to look even better! I'll be sure to keep posting with the latest info as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment